At French for Kids! we honor and respect children as individuals with unique personalities, temperaments, talents, interests and learning styles. We encourage children to explore their world in a joyful, playful, loving, and unhurried learning environment. We are passionate about also giving children the gift of learning a second or third language at the time when their brains are primed for this. We derive tremendous satisfaction from supporting a diverse community of children and their families who value interactive learning and recognize the cultural, social, and cognitive benefits of bilingualism.
French-English Bilingual Preschool
Click to learn more about our French-English Bilingual Preschool Program.
- Children 3-5 years old attend school Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:30pm.
- Curriculum themes based on nature foster growth in all developmental domains—physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and artistic. Emphasis on learning through play, exploration, and the arts.
- Readiness skills in math and literacy are taught individually and in small groups.
- Bright, spacious, uncluttered classrooms invite engaged learning.
- Children play outside in Great Meadows Conservation Land and other natural settings.
- Warm, loving, caring, well-qualified teachers and a student to teacher ratio of 6:1 assures that each child receives personal and individual attention.
French Language Classes
Click to learn more about our French Classes
- French and English speaking students in grades
K-8 attend weekly classes for 1 1/2 hours from
- Small class sizes allow for individual attention.
- Class placement is based on age and level of French fluency.
- Innovative, incremental curriculum integrates vocabulary development, oral and written expression, reading, and grammar.
- Classes prepare students for advanced level French in middle school or high school.
- Options exist for individual or semi private classes.